This position is for a lead technical role in the deploying business applications by designing, automating and deploying applications from bare metal to running application container on deployed infrastructure. Systems engineers should have a strong background in configuration management enabling standard configurations for systems, network, and storage components. This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with development and operations to enable quick builds in parallel project driven Agile development environment. Deep focus and breathe of open source knowledge is required.
- Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and automate deployments of systems, network, and storage hardware and software within Gap Inc. Direct
- Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure through multiple environments into production
- Point of contact for projects responsible to identify, design and deliver project infrastructure needs
- Partners with Project Managers, Technical Architects, Technical Managers, DBAs, Developers, QA, Operations to ensure infrastructure deliverables has been deployed, validated and operational guidelines and documentation has been handed over.
- Willing to assume any role within infrastructure or in the assigned project to drive delivery of the project within the standards set in infrastructure
- Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to drive initiatives and technical project designs
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
- Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
- Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities.
5-7+ years of Unix/Linux experience
Experience in managing system configurations with tools like Puppet, Chef or Cfengine
Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS, Firewalls, load balancers
Strong knowledge Java / Tomcat and Apache
Solid experience In-depth Ruby, Ant expertise
Solid experience with storage networks and NAS/SAN hardware
Experience with VMware, KVM, XEN
Experience with AIX VIO LPAR a plus
Experience with open source monitoring tool chains such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SNMP, collectd, rrd,
Familiarity with some or all of the following: Apache, tomcat, mysql, memcached, Oracle and database clustering, etc.
Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment
Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard