Parsons Brinckerhoff is a proven world leader in transportation engineering and consistently provides quality services in planning, design, construction management, and program management for a multitude of clients across the globe. Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Detroit office has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Group.
We are looking for a dynamic person with a solid foundational and working knowledge of networking (IPv4 and IPv6 planning, design and deployment), routing/firewalls, systems integration, information technology support/consulting, systems engineering and information management/process flows. We desire each candidate to able to work in fast pace and dynamic work environment with our existing team of ITS service professionals. Our group services include communication design/planning, wireless/wireline, system integration, system and network troubleshooting, and software testing/development.
Our group is working on ITS and technology services projects throughout the US with large-scale projects in the Michigan, Maryland, California and Florida. Our work assignments are performed daily from our Detroit Office, and may require periodic travel (depending on client/project requirements). Our infrastructure clients vary jurisdictionally from federal, state and local. Our projects/markets also vary from ITS, traffic, asset management, systems/networking, planning, environmental, bridge, and civil.
The preferred candidate would be working on design and planning of communications networks, path analysis (wireline/wireless), systems integration, systems testing, systems support, assisting in geo/database design/implementation, and application workflow designs (as required). Additionally, the preferred candidate would be engaged with other ITS service practitioners learning and expanding our business and capabilities. Lastly, the preferred candidate would be working on workflow and business requirements, network and systems diagramming, IP planning and design (IPv4 and IPv6) small and large scale system deployments, ITS consulting, IT consulting, system architecture and local and enterprise-class geospatial data for data updates, establishing/maintaining information models,
Our group within Parsons Brinckerhoff is very unique and offers a wide variety of opportunities. We believe in constant improvement, open and honest feedback, an immersive team-based environment. This opportunity will be challenging and rewarding each and every day, and may be the one company you work for in your constantly advancing career.
1) The ideal candidate must have project experience in a Systems Engineering, Information Technology or Geospatial Services firm previously performing systems engineering/network design and support work related activities. The ideal candidate must be team oriented, quick-learner, excellent communications skills (written and oral), have a creative flare for troubleshooting, open to learning new skills, enjoy fast-paced work environment, work well with others and is adapt at open/honest client interactions (both orally and written). Additionally, the ideal candidate must have demonstrable work experience with IPv4 and or IPv6 routing/firewalls, network design, communications and systems integration (design, implementation and support). As part of the review and evaluation process each candidate should be prepared for an initial phone screening with a question and answer session with a follow-up onsite interview including hands-on evaluation and demonstration of your troubleshooting and network design/deployment capabilities onsite with our Detroit team.
2) The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5-7 years of direct work experience with network equipment specifically Cisco/Juniper, systems engineering and network design/implementation.
1) BS degree is required (Computer Science, Engineering or directly related degree program), MS degree is preferred (Computer Science, Engineering or directly related degree program)
2) CCNA certification preferred
3) Authorization to work in the U.S. on a full time permanent basis is required
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 19 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...