SR TECH ACCOUNTING
AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
Applies expanded knowledge of accounting principals and procedures to support department function. Utilizes multiple financial and reporting systems. Consolidates information from multiple sources for basic and ad hoc reports.
· Executes assigned tasks according to defined processes or framework.
· Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Able to work closely with other associates in a team oriented environment.
· Effectively manages time and completes projects within established deadlines.
· Works under minimal supervision in day-to-day activities and receives general guidance for ad hoc tasks.
· Completes work according to established procedures. Detects and corrects own errors.
Establishes partnership with customers.
· Good at researching data issues using multiple systems and internet search engines.
· Able to recognize a pattern in data issues and initiate process improvements.
· Can work several hours researching the same type of data issues.
· Gathers data from a variety of sources and prepares routine and ad hoc reports.
· Arranges workload to complete assignments and routine work on time. Effectively manages unexpected changes in workload seeking guidance as appropriate.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
. Works under minimal supervision in day-to-day activities and receives general guidance for ad
· Completes individual tasks and effectively manages time.
Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (ie CFR
Knowledge of basic accounting principals
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
AbbVie - 9 months ago