Sr. Technical Project Manager
Machine Zone is the leader in free2play community-based Mobile MMO games with hit titles including iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, and Global War among several others. Our games have been downloaded & played by 40MM+ gamers, with all games having been among Top Free & Grossing App Store rankings. Our games have one of the most active and vibrant in-game community (several billion friendships among gamers in each game) that drives the highest user engagement (several hundred million minutes of monthly gameplay for each game), and one of the most rapid growth.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to lead project management, resource planning and process development. This person will be dedicated to ensuring efficient and timely delivery of high quality software, while enabling developers to focus on deliverables.
- Partner with engineers, development teams and VP of Engineering to manage project planning, communication and deliverables.
- Manage day-to-day workload for engineering team.
- Hands-on approach in ensuring optimal productivity from software engineers by eliminating project and resource management burdens.
- Report operational metrics tracking success of the product development process and the supporting technical infrastructure.
- Understand, communicate and provide recommendations to improve key product development processes.
- Track and report on development spending.
- Ensure key team members are kept up-to-date on status, decisions and risks.
- Collaborate with team to identify and resolve cross-team risks and dependencies and resourcing conflicts.
- Ensure procedures and processes are clearly and accurately documented and implemented
- Build relationships with all parts of the business
Nice to have:
- 6+ years experience in project management and use of project management methods
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent training and professional experience
- Solid understanding of web application technologies, networking technologies and protocols.
- Proven experience developing and managing projects.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Development experience in at least one core development language such as ____.
- Familiarity with a variety of development methodologies (e.g. agile, scrum, paired programming).
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- Ability to pick up new concepts in a rapidly growing and evolving industry.
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Machine Zone - 2 years ago
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play...