Market Research Analyst – |
America’s Commercial FP&A
Life Technologies has an immediate need for a Senior Financial Analyst to support America’s Commercial organization. This role will closely interact with the various commercial teams in supporting strategic growth initiatives, analytics and reporting as well as the ongoing day to day activities. This position will be located in Carlsbad, CA.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a role that requires a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- To review, analyze and perform all duties required to effectively monitor and rationalize revenue and operating expenses
- Participate in projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the supported business partners;
- Utilize various financial systems (Hyperion, Enterprise1, SAP, etc) to extract financial data for analysis;
- Perform statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported in various financial systems;
- Assist with financial data analysis, defining relevant information and interpreting the results for the purpose of determining past financial performance and potential risks and opportunities for the future performance;
- Develop various financial reports for forecasting, trending, budgeting and results analysis as well as drive month-end and quarter-end executive reporting process;
- Assist with annual planning process by facilitating regional SRII/AOP process; as well as platforms and corporate FP&A teams;
- Participate and provide required leadership in facilitating various teams’ initiatives and projects.
Key Success Factors:
· Self-initiative and sense of ownership in work
· Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player. Must possess problem solving skills and be results oriented
· Work well under pressure and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
· Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
· Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well as the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
· Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Providing timely, accurate, relevant information and analysis is a must
· Ability to extract key message from various data sources is required
Education and Experience:
· BA degree in finance/accounting or other business related discipline (MBA plus)
· 5+ years of finance related experience
· Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1. Experience with Siebel a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
· Prior life science/biotech industry a plus
Life Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...