Auto req ID 10412BR
Position Title Sr. Financial Analyst
Making Life Even Better .
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies’ systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
Life Technologies has an opportunity available for a Sr. Financial Analyst in corporate FP&A at our Corporate Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
The role is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of free cash flow for the corporation and operating expenses for one or more corporate functions. In addition, it is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of various forms of compensation expense including but not limited to Medical Benefits, Equity, and Incentive compensation. This is an individual contributor role and the position will be located in Carlsbad, CA.
1) Financial Support of
2) Business Partnerships
- Free cash flow budgeting, forecasting, modeling and analyses
- Compensation expense budgeting, forecasting, modeling and analyses
- Cost center expense, budgeting, forecasting, and analyses.
- Month end accounting close activities including evaluation and proposal of accruals
- Full business driver explanations of variances to plan, forecast, and prior period actuals
3) Annual Budget & 3 Year Long Range Plan
- Present monthly actuals, forecasts and analyses to internal and external business partners
- Anticipate and highlight changes in trends or underlying assumptions that require attention
- Provide broader context of organizational performance to business partners
4) Productivity Projects:
- Develop the financial model with business partners
- Incorporate business drivers into model assumptions
- Drive alignment and understanding of assumptions across all affected functions
- Present and summarize information and relevant takeaways for executive review
Key Success Factors:
- Leverage management reporting systems and user centered innovation to drive productivity and efficiency into the role.
Education and Experience:
- Initiative and sense of ownership in work
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player. Must possess problem solving skills and be results oriented
- Work well under pressure and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well as the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Providing timely, accurate, relevant information and analysis is a must
- Ability to extract key message from various data sources is required
Life Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- BA degree in finance or accounting, CPA is preferred and 5 to 7 years of demonstrated work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of financial statements
- Systems experience: COGNOS, HFM, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access
- Prior life science/biotech industry a plus
Life Technologies - 2 years ago
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...