The Senior Associate, Technology is a member of the project team who takes responsibility for implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices.
This will include coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
The candidate will also be expected to provide technical leadership and architectural support.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
Design and develop new code and/or support operations, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
- Ability to lead a small team of 3-5 individuals.
- Demonstrates ability to work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to design, implement, test, and validate a system.
- Meet with business and system owners to understand and document desired system requirements.
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
Develop conceptual and technical design including use of OOA and OOD techniques.
Conduct multiple levels of testing including unit, system, integration and performance.
Effectively model organization business processes and integrate them with existing Enterprise systems and capabilities.
Estimate and plan iterative / agile releases
Mentor junior team members
Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to conceptualize, design and build processes around a brand new engagement
- Minimum 4 – 8 years in system integration and development and package implementations
- Minimum 3 years experience with Java and Java-based technologies
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and development using Java (JDK 1.5 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
Experience with Object Oriented Technologies.
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
Proven leadership skills to independently manage a track of work with 3 - 5 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Government Services
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of
governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit
is a registered service mark of
Sapient - 5 months ago