• The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for analyzing the training programs of NDT personnel, and making recommendations to increase performance and efficiency based on individual and programmatic evaluations.
• The Training Specialist performs in-depth analysis of issues related to the Training of NDT personnel, and design, develop, and implement training, as appropriate.
• Provides recommendations for improving NDT performance based on individual and programmatic evaluations.
• Consults, by using thorough systematic approach to training analysis techniques and knowledge, with internal and external customers to ensure that the company maintains compliance with current industry practices and regulatory standards.
• Provides consultative services to Services Group Operations line management and employees.
• Provides cross-functional services to organizations on specialized technical NDT training issues for equipment manufacturing, sales, marketing and service organizations as required on a periodic basis.
• Provides input to web based or instructor led classroom and laboratory training products via systematic approach to training.
Education: Certified NDT Level III in at least:
o two methods of VT, MT, or PT
o two methods of UT, RT, or AE
Experience: • Industry Instructor or Teacher licensed by the state or federal entity, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, is required.
• Be proficient with computer applications including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrate or have past experience applying adult learning practices and standards to the training of NDT personnel.
• Able to lead a team and/or participate as a team member during design, development and implementation of specialized technical training projects.
• Demonstrate that he or she is a recognized expert in the field of Nondestructive testing and can readily interface with internal and external customers to meet their needs.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of current industry practices and regulatory standards as applied to the training and certification of NDT personnel both domestically and internationally.
• Possess, and be able to consistently demonstrate, a thorough knowledge of multiple nondestructive testing modalities.
• Experienced in the development of classroom curriculum and outlines, and experience as an instructor for a minimum of ten years is required, previous experience with web based training preferred.
• Familiar with CP-189, SNT-TC-1A and NAS 410 certification program requirements as well as other industry codes and inspection specifications.
• Extensive classroom contact including the development, revision and teaching a range of technical and non-technical topics.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written training materials.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Basic graphic generation skills as typical of publisher program capabilities.
• Visit labs on a scheduled basis to witness or provide training and examinations.
• At least 25% travel is expected.
Additional Requirements for Remote position:
Require remote worker style of work and management to include but not limited to:
• Weekly face to face reviews with direct supervisor and T&C staff via one day a week commute to office at company’s expense.
• Daily one-on-one communications/telcons/e-mails with Training and Certification Department.
• Periodic team virtual meetings monthly.
• Attend quarterly department meeting to report progress and receive priorities.
• Participate in telephone conferences; web cast meetings, and webinars training as conducted.
• Attend in-house training social interfaces monthly.
• Attend professional meetings (ASNT Philadelphia, National ASNT, ASTD trainer development).
• Accept quantifiable and observable goals and objectives to assure metric tools can be used to monitor progress in designing, developing, and delivering training.
• Complete training and develop project management skills.
• Develop task management skills by use of micro project management tools.
• Establish suitable work space environment at or near residence to conduct work duties.
• 40 hours instructor training with certification as Instructor to a major industry standard is preferred.
• Previous elearning or web based training development and delivery desired.
• Additionally, be able to perform and provide the following services and/or tasks:
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 14 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...