Implement and Manage Key strategic suppliers and agreements
Lead cross functional teams in acquiring enterprise wide solutions for Key corporate initiatives
Negotiating enterprise wide supplier agreements
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Assess vendors for prequalification based upon standard practices (SAMS, D&B, reps and certs, business size standard, etc.)
Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
Assist with training and developing procurement professionals within the organization
Prepare solicitation documents, determine correct solicitation method, and determine sources to be solicited.
Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, and maintains necessary records.
Evaluate and confirm bids and proposals; compile, validate and process required documentation;
Conduct price and/or cost analysis.
Create and issue purchasing vehicles in Enterprise Business system.
Prepares and maintains FAR compliant Procurement Files
Review procurement packages for compliance prior to issuance
Support internal review of procurement files
Support Proposal activities as required
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance, or a related field (or equivalent related experience)
- 15+ yrs. of related experience
- Experience implementing and managing Key strategic suppliers and agreements required
- Experience in operating in CPSR compliant purchasing system required
- Experience awarding, and administering multiple contract types required
- Extensive purchasing/ contracting experience acquiring Materials, Services, Construction, and Software
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, vendors and customers, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude
- Must have intimate understanding of FAR/DFAR and ITAR regulations and how they relate to purchasing
- Must be familiar with Commercial Purchasing practices and strategies
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-starter, demonstrate strong time management skills, and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities
- MBA preferred but not required
- International Purchasing Experience
- Audit Experience
- Familiarization with UCC and commercial terms and conditions
- Experience implementing Enterprise Business Systems
- Security Clearance
When Uncle Sam says, "I want you for the US Army," Engility Holdings strives to answer the call, and then some. A government...