Selected individual will serve as an analyst and will provide requirements management development to a wide assortment of projects.
· Work with the project leadership to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
· Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
· Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
· Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
· Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
· Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
· Participate in requirements prioritization.
· Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
· Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
· Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
· Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
· Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
· Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
· Develop training materials and conduct end-user training sessions.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
· Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
· At least 3 years prior experience working with software development projects and requirements gathering is required
· Experience with workflow systems is required, including business process modeling and re-engineering
· Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
· Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
· Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
· Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
· Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
· Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
· Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
· Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
· Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
· An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering books and resources
· An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment
· Knowledge of software development life-cycle practices, principles, and techniques
· Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University
About Sapient Government Services
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.