GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general supervision of the Imaging Informatics RIS Manager in the Department of Imaging, the RIS Business Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day support of all aspects of the RIS application. In addition this individual is responsible for analyzing and resolving all Tier 2 requests from the Imaging community. This individual will work very closely with the Informatics Project Management Office and participate in multi-functional and cross-organizational project teams. Project teams may be comprised of vendors, Informatics application and system support teams, as well as, departmental operation managers and line personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RIS Business Analyst role requires but is not limited to, a comprehensive understanding of and/or responsibility for:
Human Capital Management:
• Demonstrates quality customer service by listening and responding to patients, colleagues, management, and business partners.
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with colleagues, enterprise IT support, consultants, and vendors on all RIS application and process related issues, activities and initiatives
• Attends and participates in Departmental/Hospital meetings
• Attends seminars and training sessions necessary to maintain appropriate level of professional competency. Adheres to departmental time and attendance policies.
Business Process Management:
• Process-flow Mapping – Responsible for maintaining current documentation for all primary business operations:
o Image Capture
o Diagnostic Reporting
o Billing Cycle
o Business Reporting
• Workflow Mapping – Responsible for creating and maintaining role based workflow documentation for primary application end users:
o Administrative (RSRs, ISRs)
• Design and Process Modeling of existing and new Organizations joining the MGH Imaging practice
• Design and Process Modeling of the Imaging Billing Cycle (Technical and Professional)
• Interacts with all levels of operations and management to understand their workflow process in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Ensures all Departmental, Hospital, JCAHO, OIG compliance guidelines are met
Systems / Application Management:
• Maintains RIS application dictionaries to ensure daily operations of the RIS application.
• Testing - Develops, maintains and executes QC/validation test plans associated with RIS application changes, upgrades.
• Training - Educate and coaches colleagues on process flows, workflows, data flows and application best practices.
• Participates in the departmental projects involving RIS application and/or interface upgrades.
• Provides Level 2 support in the event of application issues or change requests associated with the RIS application.
• Demonstrates appropriate escalation of issues.
• Creates and monitors Service Center Tickets to ensure timely responses, communication and closure of all tickets and service requests.
• Responsible for communicating to project sponsors, stakeholders, team members and Imaging Leadership all relative project information.
• Incorporates standard deliverables for “People”, “Process” and “Technology” components for every project.
• Owns the development, management and execution of all project plans and schedules.
• Identifies, escalates and manages project risks and issues to resolution.
• Responsible for project administration to include but not limited to, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms and conference dial in numbers, creating and distribution agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, risk/issues logs and status reports.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to carry out position with high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork, and timeliness.
• Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Outstanding business process analytic skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Radiology Information Systems (PACS, RIS, VR) in general and industry standards such as HL7 and DICOM communication.
• Proficiency with Crystal Reports and/or familiarity with Business Intelligence applications
• Familiarity with Healthcare Billing process
• Ability to work well under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Enterprise applications i.e., MS Office, SharePoint etc.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
• 2 -4 years experience with Information Systems (IS), technology architecture and/or software platforms.
• Experience with healthcare information systems and/or Radiology operations beneficial.
• Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced health care environment.
• Able to participate in after hours on-call rotation.
• Must be able to work weekends when required.
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 3 years ago - save job