Responsible for performing repetitive clerical tasks in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence to ensure various important documents are up to date and correct. Follows detailed prescribed procedures to process Soldiers u sing eMilpo (Electronic Military Personnel Office), iPERMS (Personnel Electronic Management System), DARTS (Deployment and Readiness Tracking System), and TRANSPOC (Transitions Processing). E xamines and processes personnel action documents, DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data), and SGLV (Servicemen’s Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate) by applying the appropriate personnel procedures and policies. C ompiles and produces DD 214 worksheets for individuals as well as units to review. Assist Soldiers in digitally signing their DD 214’s and properly distributing to the Soldier . B riefs Soldiers about the process and the importance of updating the forms. Ensures information is complete and consistent and determines whether further discussion with customer is needed. Additional duties consist of operating basic office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs, filing and storing documents and records, and monitoring and assisting with customer flow between customer service stations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Selects appropriate precedents, rules, or procedures from a number of alternative resources.
- Responds to various questions from customers with answers which can be obtained from regulations and messages.
- Obtains cooperation with customers to correct improperly completed personnel documents and explain regulations and procedures.
- Utilizes data based systems such as DARTS and eMilpo when customers process through the personnel station, type personnel information on customer’s DD Form 93 and SGLV, and prepares/updates personnel files/deployment packets.
- Utilizes the web-based application iPERMS with remote access to, data input to, and retrieval of documents from Soldiers’ OMPF (Official Military Personnel File).
- Monitors all DD 93 and SGLV documents for accuracy while processing and prepare for upload into iPERMS.
- Proofread documents for accuracy and submits to the authorized official for final review prior to obtaining signatures.
- Monitors the input of DARTS for each Soldier while processing.
- Provides customer service between Soldiers, contractors, and civilians at the SRC Personnel stations.
- Monitors all DD 214 packets that are compiled and prepared using iPERMS and any extra documents provided by the Solider and per AR 635-5. I
- Proofreads for accuracy then submits to the authorized official for final review and signature.
- Monitors the upload of documents into iPERMS by the day after the Soldiers separation date.
- Constructs all TRANSPOC DD 214 worksheets as they are being retired due to either temporary or permanent disability.
- Revises and updates DD 214’s via TRANSPOC, to ensure accuracy, compiles data from iPERMS records and files and prepares DD 214 worksheets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements to drive on JBLM.
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard