As a Solid State Drive (SSD) Application Modeling Engineer technician at Micron, you will help to develop and support a test infrastructure to model real-world storage environments. In this position you will develop benchmarking scripts and tools, schedule and execute tests, archive datasets and help to generate automated reports based on test results. You can expect to work closely with application engineering, R&D teams, and software engineers to help evaluate SSD products in the storage industry.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and support test infrastructure using a variety of SW tools
- Schedule and execute tests in a manner that enables maximum server utilization
- Install and administrate multiple operating systems and servers
- Debug and problem solve hardware components in the lab environment
- Upgrade firmware, drivers and distribution packages as needed
- Manage data sets by archiving through established processes
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Java, PERL, and Ruby
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and administrative tasks
- Some knowledge of IO stack and software architecture of server platforms
- Knowledge of the storage industry and understanding of relevant application environments
- Familiarity with validation procedures and task automation
Desired skills include:
- Flash or rotating mass storage experience a plus
- Database experience desired, including MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc
- Java, C, C++, Python, Perl development experience
- Driver development or FW validation experience a plus
- Experience with revision control tools such as Git or SVN
- Typically requires 3+ years of experience with scripting and software development
- Hands on administrative experience in both Linux and Windows environments
- Validation, data analysis, and problem solving related to the flash memory industry
- Exposure to application engineering or customer-facing support activities
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 30+ days ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...