Our client is currently seeking a SSIS Developer. This position is responsible for supporting and extending a multi-terabyte Enterprise Data Warehouse. This resource will be developing, testing and implementing solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to extract, transform and load (ETL) data from multiple sources into the enterprise Data Warehouse. It is imperative for this position that a high priority be placed on the ability to implement maintainable solutions that perform well.
• Evaluates proposed system changes on complex applications to determine effort, impact, and time line within their area of responsibility and some broad knowledge of relevant applications.
• Designs, supervises, plans, and coordinates moderately sized projects.
• Considers computer equipment capacity, limitations, and operating time while completing assignments.
• Interprets requirements (written or oral) into technical specifications for projects within their area of responsibility.
• Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming, including but not limited to designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, installing, etc.
• Self-monitors assignments to report status to project teams and management.
• Recommends changes in procedures.
• May assist with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.
• Interacts and communicates effectively with all business contacts.
• Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction on complex applications
• Strong SQL Programming skills with proven experience developing complex data integration processes using SSIS.
• Expert Knowledge in SSIS. Must be able to speak to how/where they have used triggers, control flow, data flow, transformation, etc. .
• Experience working in large, multi terabyte environments.
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse.
• DTS knowledge.
• Background using at least SQL 2000 – 2008.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively with business contacts with varying technical knowledge.
• Must possess excellent problem solving skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills.
• At least 3 years experience with data warehouse data modeling techniques.
• Experience working with legacy flat files and other RDBMS sources.
• Testing knowledge (desired)
Dedicated Technologies Inc - 2 years ago