SSR Inside Sales Manager
The SSR business of IP & Science provides research and analytic solutions, including Web of Knowledge (WoK), the “gold standard” citation database and search platform, that help scientists and researchers find, analyze, and leverage authoritative scholarly content. Customers include universities, academic and governmental research institutions, scholars and researchers, publishers, and university faculty and administrators.
The Inside Sales Manager will establish, develop and lead the Inside Sales team across North America. This position is responsible for collaborating closely with the broader SSR Sales team to ensure the successful implementation of the regional strategic and operational business plan for Inside Sales across North America to generate revenue growth. This role will be responsible for the management, development and coaching of the Inside Sales team to achieve performance excellence. This individual must create, implement and update effective and appropriate sales methodology and processes for the Inside Sales team.
We are seeking a dynamic self starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organization. A strong communicator to both senior management and end users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in-depth understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities will be essential for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To achieve/exceed territory revenue plan
- To maintain existing subscriber base through renewals and to grow revenues from within existing accounts selected across North America as well as net new accounts
- Responsible for generating leads, qualifying opportunities, and growing regional revenues while teaming with the outside sales team
- Responsible for creating and updating account profiles in Salesforce.com
- Devise overall strategy for each assigned "key" account, with the help of the Regional Sales Manager and other support functions (Strategic Marketing & Product Management)
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of Thomson Reuters IP & Sciences' products and to keep that knowledge up-to-date
- To maintain adequate telephone and WebEx meeting volumes as defined by Sales Management
- To report back from customer training sessions; recording customer feedback, gathering customer intelligence and follow-up as required
- To maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes
- To maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new Thomson Reuters IP & Science services and marketing/sales campaigns
- To maintain customer satisfaction with all Thomson Reuters' IP & Science services and functions
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for you and your team on an on-going basis.
- To provide effective coaching and counseling to the Inside Sales team
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
About the IP & Science Business of Thomson Reuters
The IP & Science business is a global provider of information solutions to assist professionals at every stage of research and development and ensure they maintain and extract maximum value from their intellectual assets.
IP & Science is part of Thomson Reuters (
), the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Scientific information solutions can be found at
- Effective team leadership and coaching skills, especially in a sales environment
- Proficiency in WebEx, Salesforce.com MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications
- Proven track record of successfully managing inside sales team remotely with strong results
- Proven ability to implement strategy, create and implement team policy and process
- Experience selling technology or content solutions preferably into the academic market
- Solid organizational background with the ability to prioritize tasks in order to successfully meet goals
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix sales environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Adaptable, flexible, open to diverse ways of thinking and diverse cultures
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- College degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Sales Family Group
United States of America-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-USA-Philadelphia-Spring Gdn St
Thomson Reuters - 7 months ago
Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data (ahead of...