Responsible for performing a combination of park maintenance duties under the direct supervision of a lead person or supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
1) Operates city vehicles.
2) Repair and maintain park equipment such as picnic tables, grills, fences, benches and bleachers.
3) Clean and maintain restrooms.
4) Collect trash and litter from inside and around the restroom facility.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Six months to one year experience in operating trucks, tractors or related equipment
- Knowledge of City safety procedures
- Knowledge of Safety methods and procedures used in equipment operation
- Knowledge of or experience grounds maintenance and heavy equipment
- Skill in operating smaller, parks maintenance equipment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effective communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and organize objectives
- Ability to work independently of the supervisor
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works typically in an outdoor environment and may be subjected to extremes of heat and cold, rain, humidity, wetness, insects, noxious odors, fumes, and physical stress from exertion and lifting.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Six months of related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 13 months ago