Job Description : STAFF SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Individual is responsible for developing design solutions for complex medical instruments. The individual must investigate complex problems, design solutions and implementing improvements using state of the art theories, practices and tools without appreciable direction. As such, the position requires extensive technical expertise, creativity, wide application of mechanical engineering and full knowledge of associated technologies. Good leadership skills are required with enhanced communication skills for regular interaction with other departments and sites throughout the organization. Multitasking skills are needed to address the many technical issues that simultaneously exist. The incumbent guides the successful completion of major programs and will function in project leadership roles. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organization objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Designs complex mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies without the need for supervision.
- Investigate complex engineering problems to establish root cause.
- Propose and implement elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Design temperature controlled environments.
- Design positioning devices through the use of slide, gear, magnetic, belt and motor mechanisms with an understanding of motor control systems.
- Work independently and with others in an open, supportive environment, to develop high quality designs that meet or exceed design requirements.
- Complete theoretical analysis of design using classical and state of the art analysis tools.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Field Service in the development of design solutions.
- In depth understanding of classical manufacturing processes such milling, turning, molding, forming & casting. In addition experience in the latest manufacturing methods and techniques to enhance quality and limit costs.
- Research and analyze data such as design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide technical information concerning current and future manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations that affect product engineering planning.
- Prepares or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings, schematics, change orders and bills of materials, Knowledge in using NX, Pro E and SAP is preferred.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or complex systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.