Description – Overview
T he primary purpose of the Statistical Analyst position is to carry out data management related to Behavioral Science and Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship research projects, to develop statistical programs and to perform statistical analyses associated with the research projects. This position will prepare reports and graphical presentations summarizing the results of the statistical analyses.
1. Data Management
* Maintains databases by performing quality control checks, merging data, and completing documentation.
2. Statistical Analysis
* Assists in generating hypotheses and developing statistical analysis plans.
* Assists faculty in the development and application of new statistical methods.
* Writes statistical programs and performs statistical analyses. Methodology may include multilevel models (e.g., hierarchical linear modeling, linear mixed modeling, multi-level autoregressive modeling), mediational analysis, models with correlated data, longitudinal data, missing data and measurement error.
3. Statistical Reporting
* Compiles, interprets, and reports results of statistical analyses to project staff.
* Assists in preparing reports and graphical presentations for professional meetings, manuscripts, publications, and grant proposals.
* May present findings at professional meetings.
4. Other duties as required.
Required: Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field.
Required: One year experience with mainframe and/or PC databases, document processing, and statistical software such as SAS and S-Plus.
MD Anderson Cancer Center - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world...