A bright, hardworking individual with very strong communication and organizational skills is sought by the Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, to serve as a statistician for ongoing research project related to the MHC population genetics and genetic of epidemiology of multiple sclerosis. He/She will provide statistical analysis, programming, and data management support for investigators. Implementation of data analyses using R and other statistical software. Prepare written interpretation of results, evaluate statistical techniques. Adapt and develop new techniques. |
• Graduation from college with a major in statistics or a related field and two years of professional statistical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
• Superior computer skills in data management and handling.
• Knowledge and working experience with R.
• Knowledge and working experience with other statistical (genetics) software.
• Ability to communicate with both statisticians and non-statisticians.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to details, and positive attitude.
• MSc/PhD degree in statistics,
• MSc/PhD degree in Genetic Epidemiology,
• MSc/PhD degree in bioinformatics
• Good knowledge of modern techniques in molecular biology
• Previous experience with HLA data in transplantation and/or with complex multifactorial human disorder
University of California San Francisco - 23 months ago