BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Performs functions and duties associated with the care, handling and sterilization of surgical instruments and equipment. All functions performed are within the limits of the Tennessee Nurse Practice Act and nursing policies and procedures.
Minimum Work Experience
Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- 2 years Sterile Processing experience preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician or Certified Surgical Technician required.
- BLS preferred.
- Effective communication skills verbal and written.
- Computer skills required.
- It is an expectation that staff will work respectfully, cooperatively and professionally with team members.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20-30 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects of up to 150 lbs. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 150 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
East Tennessee Children's Hospital - 16 months ago