Store Manager Summary:
Why Work For Journeys?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
Responsibilities of Store Manager Includes:
- Meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance
- Direct and motivate employees to attain personal sales goals weekly
- Hold staff accountable for meeting sales goals
- Providing a fun, full-service shopping experience to customers
- Stay informed of current fashion trends
- Recruit, train, and develop a successful sales team
- Evaluate training needs
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company
- Evaluate staffing levels to maintain maximum productivity and sales effectiveness
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with allotted hours
- Ensure that employee time is effectively and efficiently used
- Manage all aspects of store operations
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Follow all Loss Prevention practices and protect company assets
- Perform all operational procedures accurately, in accordance with Operations Policies
- Organize stock room according to Operations Policy Manual
- Maintain store appearance
- Lead and direct the store crew
- Provide feedback and coaching to all employees
- Supervise the daily operations of the store
- Identify unacceptable work performance and administer appropriate disciplinary action
- Resolve customer issues effectively
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team
Requirements for Store Manager :
- Prior experience in a management or supervisory role
- 6 – 12 months retail sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Desire to succeed in fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to work 45 hours per week, including night and weekend shifts
Related terms: manage, manage retail, management, manager, retail chain management, retail chain manager, retail management, retail manager, retail sales, retail sales management, retail store manager, retail supervisor, shop manager, Store management, supervisor, sales, manager for retail sales, manager of retail sales, shoes, footwear, accessories
Journeys - 19 months ago
Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports...