After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
The Subrogation Specialist is responsible for pursuing and collection of subrogation monies on Property and Casualty files, owed the company based on law and the insurance policy.
• Comply with The Department of Insurance and company procedures of proper claim file handling.
• Review claim files assigned for Subrogation or Contribution.
• Determine coverage, liability, and damages to recover.
• Notify parties of our subrogation rights.
• Pursue subrogation to collection or closing. Negotiate claims to settlement.
• Provide guidance/direction to claims adjusters/representatives on subrogation files.
• Assign files to Attorneys when necessary and to protect statute.
• Set up Installment Agreements and Promissory Notes – have timely follow up calls when payments are missed.
• Filing and responding to Arbitrations, Property, Automobile, and Special Arbitrations within Claim Recovery guidelines.
• Notify States regarding Installments, Suspensions, and Releases.
• Record Unsatisfied Judgments.
• Utilize telephone system in collection efforts.
• Keep insured’s informed of recovery efforts.
• Reimburse deductible when appropriate and pursue deductible collections from Insured’s.
• Keep claim information and insured’s personal information confidential.
• Notify Manager of all lawsuits and seek Manager’s approval on non-standard attorney fees.
• Continuous follow up to ensure timely recovery.
• Research adverse parties through the Internet as well as the use of our partnered vendors.
Education/Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or prior multi-line claims or subrogation experience preferred.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of the computer, typing, phone skills, and overall fast paced multi-tasking abilities.
• May be required to work overtime.
• May need to travel occasionally.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays for long periods of time.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person or over the telephone.
• Maintain calmness and control when dealing with irate or argumentative individuals.
• Repetitive wrist motion from use of mouse and keyboard.
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with company match
• Flexible spending account
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...