SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER COUNSELOR - Jail Based Services |
POSITIONS LOCATED IN FORT MORGAN, CO
Provides services to individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews consumers, reviews records and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of consumers.
2. Formulates programs for treatment and rehabilitation of consumers.
3. Counsels consumers individually and in group sessions to assist consumers in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
4. Counsels family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for the consumer.
5. Refers consumer to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services and employment services.
6. Monitors condition of consumer to evaluate success of therapy; adapts treatment as needed.
7. Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
8. Prepares documents for presentation in court and presents testimony in court.
9. Serves on emergency rotation schedule to provide 24-hour on-call; responding to and providing services to emergent situations.
10. Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory session as required.
11. Performs other job duties as assigned.
BA, MA preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified in the State of Colorado as a Certified Addictions Counselor Level II or III. (NOT required if MA is attained)
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
Knowledge of methods of substance abuse treatment and intervention. Knowledge of community resources. Ability to serve wide range of consumers, including culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of cultural issues that may have a bearing on service provision. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy to include basic skills in e-mail communication and word processing. Ability to work flexible and on-call hours, which may be required. Ability to travel within the Center's service area or to other locations as needed.
Other behavioral health positions available, visit www.centennialmhc.org for further information on all open positions.
Keywords: Substance Abuse Counselor, Substance Use Disorder Counselor, Therapist, CAC II, CAC III, LAC, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Substance Use, Addiction,Criminal Justice, Substance Abuse, Addiction Counselor, Certified Addictions Counselor, Licensed Addictions Counselor
- 21 months ago - save job