SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER COUNSELOR - Jail Based Services POSITIONS LOCATED IN FORT MORGAN, CO
Provides services to individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews consumers, reviews records and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of consumers.
2. Formulates programs for treatment and rehabilitation of consumers.
3. Counsels consumers individually and in group sessions to assist consumers in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
4. Counsels family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for the consumer.
5. Refers consumer to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services and employment services.
6. Monitors condition of consumer to evaluate success of therapy; adapts treatment as needed.
7. Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
8. Prepares documents for presentation in court and presents testimony in court.
9. Serves on emergency rotation schedule to provide 24-hour on-call; responding to and providing services to emergent situations.
10. Participates in meetings, in-services and supervisory session as required.
11. Performs other job duties as assigned.
- 21 months ago - save job