Works under general direction of a Manager to be responsible for directing subordinate employees of a WIC/Immunization Clinic.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 02
1. Three (3) years experience in a lead or supervisory capacity in a Health Care or Clinic environment; and
2. Graduation from accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
4. Must hold a current state of Tennessee Nursing License.
5. (PROOF OF EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING IS REQUIRED)
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one upon date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides direct guidance and supervision for employees at WIC/Immunization clinic including nurses, nutritionists, clerical, etc.
2. Works in all phases of personnel management, for clinic staffing, hiring, evaluations, discipline and staff development.
3. Maintains all clinic operations with effective patient care, clinic flow and the delivery of services to clinic clients.
4. Recommends and implements changes in services at the clinic level based on patient needs, trends and caseload.
5. Manages all resources allocated to the clinic including staff, financial, equipment and supplies.
6. Monitors the quality assurance of professional, programmatic and technical components within the clinic.
8. Performs ongoing and/or periodic reviews to assure that all standards, protocols and guidelines are following appropriately.
9. Provides medical care and services to clinic patients. Perform WIC exams, assessments; give immunizations and other patient care as indicated.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
2. Knowledge and function of a WIC/Immunization Clinic.
3. Thorough knowledge of WIC guidelines and Immunizations protocols.
4. Ability to coordinate and direct the activities of assigned personnel.
5. Ability to communicate and work with other departments.
6. Ability to prepare composite reports.
7. Thorough knowledge of Health Department's WIC/Immunization nursing protocol.
814 Jefferson Avenue Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 21 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...