The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power . That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do .
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses may be paid
Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing
Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join
MILITARY AFSC AND GRADE: 1N000/CMSG ART ENLISTED POSITION DUTIES:
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position . ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
This is a GG-12 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-12 duties for the "Supervision/Management" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-12 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: 10 AIR FORCE/AFRC, BEALE AFB, CA
THIS IS AN AIR FORCE RESERVE TECHNICIAN (ART) ENLISTED POSITION TO FILL A 1N000/CMSGT POSITION. THE APPLICANT SHOULD BE A MEMBER OF THE AIR FORCE RESERVES OR BE WILLING AND ABLE TO JOIN THE AIR FORCE RESERVES
****MILITARY AFSC and grade: 1N000/CMSGT****
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Squadron Superintendent with the responsibility as the senior enlisted advisor to the Commander on matters related to the morale, welfare, professional development, and effective utilization of intelligence, communications and maintenance professionals across the Squadron.
- Key advisor to Squadron Commander on training, administrative, and personnel functions of the ISR/ISS Squadron(s). Serves as SENIOR ENLISTED advisor to the Commander on matters related to the morale, welfare, professional development and effective utilization of intelligence, communications, and maintenance professionals across the squadron.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees the training, administrative, and personnel activities of the ISR Squadron and directs the day-to-day operations of the Command Section.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Represents HQ AFRC, NAF, Wing, ISR Group, and ISR Squadron with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
- Ensures ISR training and readiness for the Squadron. Oversees the development operational plans, standard operating procedures, and implementing instructions, which pertain to general military training and readiness of assigned unit personnel, ISR, and command center communications training.
One year of specialized experience which is equivalent to at least the GG-11 or qualifying pay band or other pay systems. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and ability to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by providing advice on, administering or performing work in the collection, processing, reporting, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and maintaining Global Situational Awareness information and/or products on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, medical, scientific, or military conditions, trends, and forces in foreign areas which directly or indirectly affect the national security. These positions require a basic knowledge and understanding of one or more of the natural or social sciences.
Click on the following link to specialized experience requirements for this position: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Must be fully qualified and experienced senior intelligence enlisted supervisor having operational experience in at least two of the following intelligence disciplines - HUMINT, GEOINT/MASINT, SIGINT, All-Source Analysis/Fusion Analysis, DCGS, Acquisition Intelligence, Targeting, collection management, analytical production management, and dissemination.
2. Knowledge of HUMINT, GEOINT/MASINT, SIGINT, All-Source Analysis/Fusion Analysis, DCGS, Acquisition Intelligence, Targeting, collection management, analytical production management, and dissemination.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of national, DoD, and U.S. Air Force statutory and regulatory policies, directives, and procedures relating to ISR activities. Must be highly knowledgeable in the capabilities, limitations, and techniques for employment of ISR platforms.
4. Develops and articulates strategy and actions to successfully implement the vision of the work unit that is consistent with organizations goals.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and direct ISR administrative, training, and personnel functions; and mentor, motivate, and appraise a staff through subordinate supervisors.
6. Proven ability to build and sustain professional networks to exchange information with mission critical offices, inside AFRC, other MAJCOMs, and Air Force in overall planning and execution of ISR operations and evaluations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions: For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
- This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) enlisted position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. The incumbents regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies (UTA).
- As necessary, to meet special or essential unscheduled activities, may be required to work an uncommon tour of duty with brief advance notice.
- The incumbent may be required to fly in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments (TDY).
- The incumbent must obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this position: Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Access.
- This position has been identified as a drug testing position. The incumbent of this position may be selected for random drug testing, and be subject to reasonable suspicion testing and safety mishap or accident testing.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information, click here
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further. BENEFITS:
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. OTHER INFORMATION:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
usajobs.gov - 30+ days ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of America and its global in...