Position is responsible for simulating treatment set-ups, performing dosimetric calculations, applying radiation therapy treatments and assisting with patient care management.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled.
Neonate Infant Pediatric Adolescent Adult Adult/Geriatric
1. Graduate of an approved school of Radiation Therapy Technology.
2. Certified Radiation Therapist by the American Registry of Radiation Therapy Technologists, OR temporary certification for recent graduates, up to 60 days post-graduation.
3. Completion or eligible for the ARRT Registry examination in Radiation Therapy Technology.
4. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring (PIC) process in all interactions and in performing all job duties ensuring quality customer service and a further commitment to the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
1. Simulates treatment set-ups according to physician instruction.
2. Performs dosimetric calculations under the supervision of a physicist or dosimetrist, using either manual or computerized dose calculations.
3. Accurately delivers the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
4. Assists in Brach therapy procedures.
5. Warms up treatment machines/simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any erratic operation to the physicist.
6. Checks the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
7. Verifies dose through barometer and thermometer measurements; reports any discrepancies to physicist.
8. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
9. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - 12 months ago
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System is a Texas-sized operation. As Houston's largest not-for-profit health care system, it includes a do...