Lang Mekra North America is a major tier one motor vehicle industry supplier in Columbia, South Carolina and currently recruiting a Purchasing Manager. For over 60 years, Lang Mekra has been providing solutions to complex problems with rear vision mirror technology for trucks; agriculture, off-road construction and vocational vehicle markets.|
Reporting to the COO, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for overall category leadership through solid procurement efforts and timely materials management of critical materials and components throughout the supply chain, including supply chain procurements for all direct materials, commodities, MRO and services required to support US and Mexico operations.
- Responsible for category strategy, supplier selection, negotiation, and measurement and maintenance;
- Negotiate yearly contracts on large volume bids. Obtain and analyze supplier quotations and award business based on quality, service, and lowest total cost to Company;
- Develop and maintain sources of supply based on reliability, financial responsibility, technical competence, and adequate capacity;
- Own cost control of direct materials and all costs associated to the materials;
- Provide PPR, PPV, commodity and all budget information as needed;
- Responsible for working with suppliers to ensure consistent supply;
- Develops, lead and monitor cost savings and other projects;
- Supplier visits and audits, maintain supplier scorecard metrics and coordinate supplier quality with SQE and quality organizations;
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests including all necessary documentation;
- Maintain all records of vendors, supply and service agreements, review all contracts to meet Company objectives and customer requirements;
- Support other disciplines as necessary.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelors degree or equivalent. APICS/CPM certification is preferred along with ERP systems experience (QAD On-Demand 12EE preferred). Five to ten years of experience with automotive tier 1 supply chain with multiple OEMs and motor vehicle industry EDI systems. Must possess strong computer skills with MS Excel & Access spreadsheets and ERP systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing through best practice manufacturing processes such as Lean, Visual Management, Six Sigma, TQM, etc., as well as continuous improvement theory and practices.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to SC.
For more information and immediate consideration, please send your resume to