Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package.
We are looking for a Supply Technician II to work in our distribution area of the Materials Management Department.
* Acts as a liaison between materials management, distribution, and our internal and external customers in person and using the telephone.
* Executes delivery of all incoming products and equipment to specified departments per cost center identification or special instructions.
* Processes and expedites merchandise and equipment to customers within the hospital.
* Maintains accurate inventory and communicates inventory issues to management.
* Communicates order problems/issues between distribution, materials management, and internal/external customers.
* Handles the maintenance and distribution of code carts.
* Responds to emergency response calls.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 2 years working in a comparable role in distribution and previous healthcare experience is preferred.
* Good communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Experience working with an automated materials management systems is a plus.