SUPERVISOR AREA PLANT
Location: Alamogordo, Nm
- Manage daily operations of an outside technician of 10 to 15 plus technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of residential and business telephony services as well as design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Century Link and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and development of employees with regards to new processes and quality standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical skills.
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent Century Link with customers and governmental agencies
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working relationship.
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and recognition.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of maximum performance
- Challenges team toward continuous improvement of sales performance
Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment.
Strong skills and experience in employee development to include training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and legacy systems.
Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a fundamental understanding of services and products offered by Century Link is preferred.
Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for the telecommunication industry.
Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented position in a deadline focused department.
2+ years experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of POTS and HSI.
2+ years experience with splicing and construction activities
2+ years experience with contractor relations.
2 + years experience with Excel, Powerpoint, email and legacy systems.
Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and pager duty will be required.
Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
Must perform work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.
Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical deadlines.
Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to complete job assignments
*Approved for relocation
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 16 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...