McKean Defense Group, LLC is a privately held Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The Surface Maintenance Engineering Planning Program (SURFMEPP) Activity maintains, monitors, and refines Class-wide and Individual-Ship Maintenance Plans for all non-nuclear surface ships to ensure material readiness for the projected service life; develops life-cycle strategies to address system upgrades; and fully implements the Class Maintenance Plan into each surface ship's maintenance schedule and availability planning process.
The SURFMEPP Detachment Engineer is responsible for providing support to HQ, TYCOM/Fleet activities and units, and maintenance organizations. Some Division Responsibilities include:
High school diploma or GED and ten (10) or more years of relevant experience OR, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five (5) years or more of relevant experience OR a master's in a relevant field.
- Liaison with Type Commander and Regional Maintenance Center representatives to obtain information in support of class and ship maintenance schedules.
- Interact with government and private maintenance activities to schedule class maintenance plan work and life cycle impacting repairs.
- Access and collect unfiltered data to display in support of ship and regional maintenance activities maintenance. Utilize EXCEL, ACCESS and other database software applications to create data tables and charts.
- Manage databases to support assessment and inspection teams.
- Overlay and compile data from various databases and historic sources into a single cohesive picture utilizing data tables, pivot tables, pivot charts and standard charts.
The applicant must have at least a SECRET level clearance (clearance is either currently active or can be reinstated).
- Related military or civilian experience
- 3-M Coordinator/Supervisor
- Engineering Systems / equipment training
- Experience working on Navy database projects including 3M, testing and data retrieval.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and superb customer interaction.
- Microsoft Outlook and Word (Strong Knowledge)
- Microsoft Excel and Access (Adequate Knowledge)
- Leadership training
- Business communications
MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC - 14 months ago