Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Surgical Support Services Technician.
- Performs task related to pulling supplies and instruments to adequately and accurately prepare for cases; tasks include quality control mechanisms to ensure successful case pulls
- Communicates with the health care team; effective communication regarding room needs, necessary follow-up by intraoperative team,
- Reviews and follows processes for acquiring, storing and handling surgical equipment in an organized, efficient manner according to division guidelines
- Performs room and department decontamination as recommended by CDC, AORN, ASA, KUHA and manufacturer's guidelines.
- Assists with patient transfers and communicates with patient utilizing high service standards/behaviors
- Facilitates adequate stocking of emergency supply stock and specialty section stock to ensure accessibility for patient care needs
- Maintains high level of supply organization to ensure that inventory is appropriately managed and accessible to the health care team
- Provides resources to staff during surgical cases to ensure that the team has the tools and equipment to perform surgical duties with minimal unnecessary interruption
- Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Surgical Support Services Supervisor and/or other member of the Perioperative leadership team
- Partners with anesthesia services to ensure practitioners have access to required supplies for patient care delivery
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Technical/Professional Training Preferred.
- Experience in similar support function within a Perioperative services setting preferred.
- BLS required within 60 days of hire
- Must possess basic to intermediate computer skills.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 5 months ago