Under the direction of the Nurse, performs sub-professional duties including utilizing sterile technique to assist physicians during surgery.. Assists licensed staff and physicians as directed within approved standards. Performs other related duties as directed. Assumes the responsibility for meeting the basic needs of all patients assigned. Provides care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
- Must utilize common sense and good judgment.
- Must be able to adapt to varying patterns of supervision.
- Must be able to perform duties accurately under stress.
- Must perform duties within scope of practice and conforming to standards of practice.
- Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members.
- Discretion is required in handling confidential information.
- Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends, and holidays due to staffing and census fluctuations.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an approved Operating Room Technician Course. LPN with previous OR / Scrubbing experience.
- Successful completion of hospital service orientation program
- Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
- Must have current BCLS certification Previous hospital experience preferred
- Competently performs unit specific duties as assigned
345-East Cooper Regional Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant, SC
10 Hour Day
Tenet Healthcare - 15 months ago
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation.
• 80 hospitals