Guest Service Requirement
Our philosophy at Ameristar Casinos is to proudly deliver a quality customer experience in a fun and friendly atmosphere, while working together to provide our Team Members with personal and professional growth opportunities. Because of this philosophy, it is critical that all Team Members understand the importance of excellent guest service. All of our positions, whether Corporate, back of house, Management, or front of house require a friendly persona and a willingness to interact and provide fun, professional and friendly guest service. Guests are not our only customers; fellow Team Members are our internal customers as well. By joining the Ameristar team, you are committing yourself to these values and acknowledging your dedication to providing excellent guest service for our guests and our internal team, at all times.
Safety is a core value at Ameristar Casinos. The ability to work safely and prevent personal injury is a key job requirement of every position. Each Team Member is also expected to be committed to the safety of fellow Team Members and our guests and demonstrate that commitment through daily actions.
To protect the assets of ACEC by providing Surveillance through the CCTV system, this includes but is not limited to: the activities of Guests and Team Members in all land money handling positions, as well as all areas of the pavilion, back of house Team Member areas, boarding areas, bus lobby, hotel lobby, hallways, restaurant outlets and outside property (parking garage, Team Member parking lot, bus depot, hotel parking lot and loading docks). Through on-the-job training, you will acquire the knowledge and the ability to operate all surveillance cameras, monitors and other equipment.
There will be times where the Surveillance Officer will be needed to work in the Gaming Surveillance room on the vessel. Through training classes and department procedures, the Surveillance Officer will become familiar with the operation of all casino departments which include but may not be limited to: Table Games, Cage, Slots, Soft Count, Security and additional Food and Beverage procedures that are different than that of the Land outlets. At the completion of the training period, the Surveillance Officer must be able to perform all the duties of a Surveillance Observer.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains surveillance watch in designated area and activities.
· Records any irregular activity as required.
· Physical and video surveillance of the activities in the areas mentioned in the position summary.
· Report verbally and in writing any violations of IGC Submissions, Indiana State Gaming, company policy and procedures and any safety considerations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
· Conduct routine and random observations in all areas of the pavilion area, focusing on money handling positions.
· Reports and offer solution to any area of vulnerability to loss from internal or external sources.
· Maintains thorough knowledge of IGC Submissions, Indiana State Gaming Regulations, company policy and other department procedures.
· Maintains compliance with Surveillance Department procedures and company policy.
· Work on special projects and investigations as assigned by Surveillance Shift Manager.
· Maintain strict confidence regarding company matters.
· Adhere to established policies and procedures regarding customer service standards.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and fluctuating days off.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must pass a basic surveillance aptitude test gauging math skills
- Strong problem solving skills and an investigative attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with independence and as part of a tem
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must able to work within a smoke-filled environment
- Must be able to sit 100% of shift
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color acuity
- Trustworthy and honest
- Independent judgment skills that are in the best interest of ACEC
Required Education and Work Experience
Background in video or electronics desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
· Casino and support service experience required
· 3 months of gaming industry experience preferred
- 22 months ago - save job