Based in Chicago or downtown Ann Arbor, MI (home of the Univ. of Michigan), the Senior Vice President, Consulting position at SI encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, leveraging a strong marketing background while playing a primary role in leading and managing large-scale consulting engagements.
The Senior Vice President, Consulting interacts closely with SI senior management and is expected to be a key leader in the practice area and work regularly with client teams from a variety of industries (but primarily Consumer Packaged Goods). SI offers a unique challenge for bright individuals who take pride in performing work with accuracy, quality, dedication, and detailed follow-through in a casual, yet professional, environment where creativity, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity are highly regarded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help provide overall vision and leadership for the Strategic Innovation practice area, playing a key role in building world-class capabilities to support GfK’s overall growth objectives and provide a strategic advantage for GfK
• Significant direct interaction with senior management while leading the delivery team on client projects
• Develop new business opportunities by leveraging personal contacts and professional relationships
• Strategic consulting responsibility for nurturing client relationships and ensuring complete client satisfaction; deliver breakthrough insights and analysis, plus strategic and creative solutions to branding and innovation challenges
• Support office culture, collaboration, and creative spirit by leading, mentoring, and training key members of the consulting staff
• Collaborate effectively within the Strategic Innovation group and with colleagues throughout GfK to ensure client success
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time within major US and International markets
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 15 years of classical CPG marketing experience – ideally at one of the top-tier “training companies” in brand management and/or market research/consumer insights (ideally to the “Director” level or above)
• Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research techniques (e.g., habits and practices, image and attitude, consumer segmentation, behavioral and purchase data) and working with research suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize market research and trends into new insights and recommendations wrapped in a compelling story for presentation to clients
• Proven ability in delivering new business in a consultative environment
• Demonstrated ability in project management and business writing, with an overall “big picture” understanding of the issues and business in general; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent client service orientation: great social poise and persuasive communication skills to work effectively with different personalities plus the drive to deliver high-quality results to wow clients and earn their respect and recognition
• Strong collaborative spirit and behavior. Interfaces well with others and in a team setting. Works toward team goals and participates actively and supportively in team decisions.
• Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to work in a collaborative environment; strong work ethic
• Applicants should be well-versed in MS office applications (especially PowerPoint & Excel)
• Experience in ideation facilitation, moderating, and performing ethnographic research would be an advantage
• Strong experience in the CPG space; familiarity with Technology, Consumer Healthcare, and other non-CPG industries a plus
Education: An MBA is strongly preferred
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.