As a partner leading Integrated Investment on a specific account, you will report to the EVP, Managing Directors of the Integrated Investment practice and, informally, the client business partner on your account. Your direct reports will include Senior Managers, each responsible for managing investments across different media owners and different segments of the client business. You will be responsible for a total of xx reports. The North American leadership team is an integrated and open group, who take pride in our ability to share information and foster a collaborative environment. We are also responsible for leading specific agency work streams beyond our core account responsibilities.
We are looking for a Partner who will be responsible for managing a team in developing, executing, and monitoring all media investment strategy and plans for clients, ensuring the work is to specification and correct as well as overseeing team work, resource/allocation, growth and development.
Product and Capabilities
- Lead investment and activation across appropriate media channels as needed, including direct account and client service responsibilities.
- Develop go to market strategy, recommendations and POVs
- Provide thought leadership in alternative buying models and integrated projects
- Oversee investment plan development and implementation, incorporating necessary and appropriate rationale and research for client buy-in
- Negotiate and implement added value inventory, research partnerships and custom sponsorship elements
- Oversee and take accountability for budgets and savings
- Maintain and grow key marketplace relationships, including senior-level media owner and technology platform contacts.
- Own partnership development and issue resolution between both parties.
Leadership and Talent Optimization
Client Management and Execution
- Manage staff, workflow and team capabilities. Provide day-to-day functional management of investment managers and senior investment associates, including an active role in training and mentoring. Duties include:
- Provide timely feedback and performance evaluation to team members
- Create and execute development plans with direct reports
- Build team environment
- Ensure agency and team best practices are applied across account responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with partner agencies and colleagues within UM on client and cross-agency projects
- Increase visibility of investment expertise and team output throughout the agency.
- Own client relationship as it relates to media investment and take ultimate accountability for team’s day-to-day responsibilities
- Provide counsel on marketplace trends and investment expertise for clients and client teams.
- Maintain, develop and grow relationships with appropriate client level contacts
- Twelve years’ experience in media buying including five to seven years management experience required
- Experience with multiple client and business categories
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Ability to interpret analyze data to inform go-to-market strategies
- Strong marketplace relationships with senior sales people at major media companies
- Creative approach to defining deal terms including pricing models and value based on client objectives
- High level of comfort presenting to clients and internal team members
- Proven track record with client relations and growing existing business
- Solid understanding of marketing/communications process and the role of investment in it
Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's...