SW Application Engineer
Teradata Business Applications seeks a software engineer to support internal applications and users. The new team member will be responsible for developing and supporting applications that support the business functions of R&D personnel at Teradata. This may require the development of new software, the integration of existing tools, or the adoption of third-party applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform software engineering duties including the full-range of programming tasks: problem analysis, code design and development, test, troubleshooting, support, and documentation
- Provide technical support for both internally developed and third-party applications
- Perform build vs. buy analysis and provide actionable recommendations.
- Ensure adherence to best practices and standards
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (
This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with sustaining work and application maintenance
- Experience in build vs buy analysis
- Experience with software project management methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with data modeling and database administration tasks, including performance tuning
- Experience with Teradata database
- Additional experience including at least some of the following: AJAX, ASP, CSS, HTML, Java, LDAP, PHP, PowerShell, Python, SOAP, XML
- Skills in user interface design and understanding of usability best practices
TERADATA: The Best Decision Possible
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes.
Only Teradata gives you the ability to integrate your organization’s data, optimize your business processes, and accelerate new insights like never before. The power unleashed from your data brings confidence to your organization and inspires leaders to think boldly and act decisively for the best decisions possible. Learn more at
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Americas-United States-California-Rancho Bernardo
R&D Eng Ops and Finance
Teradata - 2 years ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...