- Execute regression/functional/stress testing on FortiGate and related products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques.
- Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases as well as scripting.
- Identify, document and track software defects found during testing.
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified/reproduced and fixed.
- Complete tasks without much supervision.
- Ability to perform own research, experimentation and taking risks.
- Passionate, motivated and always willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Easy to get along, good listening skill and team player.
Job Experience Required:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, VLAN, routing, multicast, and switching.
- Solid understandings of security technologies like firewall, IPS, VPN, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, DoS, network sniffers (such as wireshark), packet replay, IPv6, HA, 802.3ad
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, Ruby, TCL, PERL are consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results.
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, and software development fundamentals.
- Experience in using various test equipments such as Spirent TestCenter, Breaking Point, Ixia, etc.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows or Unix environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments.
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints.
- Master’s degree in EE/CS, or related field with 5 years of experience in relevant areas.