Summary: Under general direction, the individual assists in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems. The role works closely with IT and business partners to create technical and functional specifications, produce deliverables and time-lines related to the project(s) assigned, assist in cost analysis and provide post implementation support and system enhancements. The individual is accountable for support of assigned systems, including researching problems, identifying and implementing solutions.
• 3 - 8 years IT systems analysis or programming experience.
• General knowledge of IT theories, methodologies, practices and procedures.
• Solid understanding of relational database design and intermediate level SQL writing abilities.
• Demonstrated analytical business sense and ability to work on complex assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
• Database administration experience with leading RDBMS software.
• Windows and Unix batch scripting experience.
• System administration experience.
• Experience in a Retail environment.
• Familiarity with Delhaize America business and technical environment.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
1. Analyze and resolve system issues.
2. Work independently and as technical leader.
3. Prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
4. Engage and communicate in open discussion of ideas, opinions, concerns and solutions related to IT systems.
5. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
1. Responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT systems.
2. Identify options for potential solutions and assesses them for technical and business suitability.
3. Interact with IT, business and vendor partners to determine business requirements and analyze the feasibility of developing solutions to current business needs.
4. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
5. Prepare systems studies, general system designs, project plans, cost benefit analyses and resource requirement estimates.
6. Code, test, debug, document, modify and maintains moderately complex application programs.
7. Clearly documents and communicates objectives, requirements and designs at different levels of abstraction to both technical and non-technical audiences.
8. Responsible for developing and deploying integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises
9. Requires technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes.
10. Promotes, follows and contributes to Delhaize’s SDLC methodology and architecture standards.
11. Keep abreast of technology developments pertaining to primary user areas through vendor contacts, industry literature, seminars, with emphasis on strategic grocery industry systems.
12. Emulate and support all aspects of the Delhaize America IT vision, culture and mission statement.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Hannaford - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...