Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
The candidate will have access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications focused in the SLED market (State & Local Government & Education).
This role is heavily focused on challenging customer paradigms and building architectural solutions to solve critical recognized and unrecognized government and education needs.
In additional to technological aptitude, the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence – including:
• Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for assigned accounts.
• Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization.
• 10+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• CCIE certification highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. The ability to apply baseline SE skills to favorably position Cisco products and solutions to solve technical and business problems.
2. In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in one or more of the following area's of specialization: Core Routing and Switching (IP Internetworking, MPLS, QoS, OSPF, BGP, IPv6), Wireless Networking, Network Security, Optical Networking, Unified Communications (Voice & Video), Cloud & Data Center (Compute, Storage & Network, Virtualization)
3. Knowledge of competitive offerings in area of specialization with the ability to articulate Cisco’s competitive advantages.
4. Understands and conversant about Cisco, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Be able to translate knowledge into sales opportunities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
6. Ability to work effectively as an added value team member and assume a leadership role within the team.
7. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources to drive business impact.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...