For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey!
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco Service Provider product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Skills and Experience Required:
• 7+ years industry related experience.
• Pre-Sales experience required.
• In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas of specialization: VPN's, Security, QoS, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems, Web Scale, Cloud.
• Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
• Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred.
• Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
• Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also creates a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.
Cisco Systems - 6 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...