For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our current Account Managers in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. The Systems Engineer is responsible for setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
This role is a transformational opportunity for Cisco as this is a software focused role customizing Cisco’s own existing software and marketing / selling that software to our customers. This software approach is new to Cisco; however, Cisco plans on being the industry leader in 5 years.
In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence. The Systems Engineer is also responsible for the following:
• Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
• Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• 5+ years of Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
• Experience with VPN's, Security, QoS, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems
• Extensive Computer Science / Software Object Oriented development experience including but not limited to:
• Pre-Sales experience focusing on Service Provider accounts
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...