Professional needed to work collaboratively with the rest of the Safe Start Team to help develop relationships with communities & human service providers outside of the department in order to inform the public about the harmful effects of exposure to violence and how Safe Start can be of assistance in providing and identifying resources to improve social and emotional development of young children. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategies with Safe Start Team for expanding & implementing all Safe Start Programs.
- Collaborating with team on trainings for child serving staff, parents & community partners.
- Attending all team meetings.
- Promoting Safe Start programs/services to relevant county departments and community groups.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with human service agencies & community groups.
- Facilitating Safe Start training.
- Utilizing community events as opportunities to inform the public of harmful effects of witnessing violence on the healthy development of children.
- Representing Safe Start at community meetings for possible inclusion into existing programs or new initiatives.
- Contributing to Safe Start ACT Newsletter and other communication efforts.
- Submitting monthly reports to Coordinator & Bureau Administrator.
- Reporting on attendance and agendas of meetings attended.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in human services or equivalent, plus previous experience working with children, families and communities in crisis or practical experience, plus either paid or volunteer experience in community organization, child care, training, drug and alcohol, community or family advocacy or case management. Working knowledge of the stages of child development, strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to work independently and be able to work in concert with a variety of service providers and adult community residents is important.
Great Lakes Behavioral Research Institute - 13 months ago