The SHE and Security Manager is responsible for implementing SHE and Security guidelines and regulations in accordance with the US legislation (OSHA) and requirements of DSM, in order to safeguard the safety and health of employees and to protect the environment. This position supervises the application of law and requirements and contributes to developing SHE and Security guidelines. The position performs and/or coordinates the assessment of the risks inside the company and the risks involved in the relationship with contractors on behalf DSM. This position actively participates and guides the activities of assessments of new production processes and changes in plant concerning SHE aspects. The position covers the area of Safety, Environment and Health as well as Security. The main tasks and responsibilities relate to the DFS sites located in Germantown and Waukesha, Wisconsin. Approximately 25% of the time is used for coordinating and supporting SHE and Security topics of the other DFS sites in the USA.
1. Implement SHE and Security structures and systems, in line with DSM and BG-BU requirements, policies and systems, in order to meet legal obligations, guarantee the quality of processes and services and ensure a safe and healthy working place for employees of DFS sites located in USA and to protect the environment.2. Perform and/or coordinate risk assessments, identify and implement the actions of monitoring and mitigation.3. Assure compliance with OSHA legislation and DSM SHE and Security requirements.4. Make short and long term SHE and Security plans and assure application and follow up.5. Identify, plan and facilitate SHE and Security training for employees.6. Inspect and supervise the implementation of SHE and Security related procedures by organizing the internal audits and facilitating external audits.7. Do regular evaluation on the SHE and Security status of company in order to identify improvement points against the requirements.8. Give professional support to other departments regarding SHE and Security aspects, proactively advise, coach and train Line Managers, employees and contractors on SHE and Security topics.9. Keep good relationships with relevant authorities, and act as reference person between authorities and company.10. Act as reference person to share incidents and lessons learned in DSM network.11. Formulate, get approval and manage the department’s yearly costs budget. 12. Ensure participation in Peer to Peer reviews with other DSM sites, including sites from other Business Groups.13. Interpret and translate BG and Corporate targets into local performance indicators.14. Performance measurement analysis and reporting to management and BG.
• Bachelor's Degree PLUS 3 years of operational experience in SHE or Manufacturing
• Experience with Project Management, Personnel Management and Investigation Techniques
• General understanding of SHE and Security regulations, systems and concepts: OSHA legislation, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, EMAS, GHS, Reach.
• Knowledge of DSM SHE Requirements
• SHE practice and leadership
• SHE Behavior and Mindful Organization
• Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluentlyTechnical Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers. Please apply on-line and send your resume and cover letter, including information on your current salary. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...