Experience and Skills:
- Implementation of our safety& health program at each TAW location.
- Establish safety committee meetings for each location and advise on resolution of key objectives or issues.
- Establish the development of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for each hazard task that is a repeatable task.
- Conduct safety, health and environmental audits, surveys and implement resolution measures (Quarterly basis).
- Develop training materials for monthly required training.
- Develop daily tool box training agendas from accident trend analysis on each location.
- Implement “Best Practices” in conjunction with process improvements, procedures and safety equipment.
- Conduct field audits and provide support of field operations as required by our customer’s.
- Develop safety checklists and self- audit forms for field activities.
- Provide input to each Plant Manager on the safety performance and corrective measures.
- Provide the implementation of Corporate or Customer mandated safety or environmental topics at each location.
- Conduct illness, incident and accident investigations/root cause analysis for corrective actions.
- Conduct work area surveys to identify and mitigate hazardous conditions such as noise/chemical exposure, indoor air and light quality, ventilation, etc.
- Collects, analyzes and maintains data essential for effective safety and environmental programs.
- Responsible for training and maintaining training records.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports determining incident rates and trend analysis.
- Administers and provides technical advice on our medical surveillance programs to include vaccinations, medical testing which may be regulated by OSHA/MSHA/DOT or other local and federal agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety or Environmental Sciences or equivalent experience desired.
- Experienced with at least 5 years in an industrial or manufacturing environment with primary responsibility for safety and environmental compliance requirements desired.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification desired.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) certification.
- Proficient communication skills at all levels both written and verbally.
- Relationship builder with outside organizations and representatives of local, state and federal agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT & EPA standards as related to our business.
- Fluent in English and Spanish desired.
- First Aid, CPR, AED and BBP certified
- Extensive travel required at our locations is FL, GA and the Dominican Republic
- Must have a passport eligible for international travel.
- Clean motor vehicle record for the past seven (7) years.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of safety statistical measurement methodologies.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Office.
TAW ® offers a competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package to include Medical, and Dental, Vision, FSA or HSA, Short /Long-term Disability, Optional Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401K and Profit Sharing Vacation, Personal and Holiday pay.
TAMPA ARMATURE WORKS - 2 years ago
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide...