Mondel?z International is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world?s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondel?z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondel?z International is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world?s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondel?z International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Mondel?z International?s portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondel?z International has annual revenue of approximately $36 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
For more information, visit www.mondelezinternational.com and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
Responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Safety, Security and Environmental (SSE) programs and processes at the plant. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and Kraft policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives. Prepares and builds consensus annual plans for plant wide SSE initiatives.
1. Provides leadership and administration to the overall SSE program by developing an annual plan, achieving consensus on the plan and objectives with the leadership team, and monitoring the progress of the plan against objectives. Completes and / or approves all required regulatory and company reporting documents. The end results are measures against the plant?s prior year performance in SSE and any other objectives agreed upon with the Sector S&E and Security Leader and the Manufacturing Vice President. Maintains all environmental and safety key performance indicators.
2. Develops performance standards and methods of accomplishing those standards for the facility. Understands relevant technical requirements in SSE including State and local ordinances and rules. Ensures the facility standards meet or exceed both company and governmental and / or community regulations.
3. Oversees both the implementation of company SSE management systems ( KSRMP, KEMS, ISO, for example) and the approach for how the company?s management systems will be executed in the facility. Designs the local process. Follows up on non conformances and develops the systems to resolve them, including follow ups. Develops or acquires custom tools to address specific issues. Leads the design of and monitors the performance of the teams that are typically used to execute the specific work activities that drive the process improvements. Supports the sustainability initiatives.
4. Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented in each functional area (SSE) to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses, security breaches and environmental issues that might cause harm to one of the company?s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation. Provides SSE expertise for all new projects and change management activities. Coordinates annual risk evaluation by 3rd party property insurance agency, and manages identified recommendations.
5. Ensures training and coaching is taking place to ensure Safety, Security and Environmental standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization. Organizes the annual training plan. As needed, personally conducts or oversees high priority topic training. Coaches the Plant Manager and Staff on their specific roles and responsibilities as visible leaders.
6. Manages the facility SSE budget in a way that minimizes cost to the facility.
7. Coordinates, with the Quality Manager, the Global Security Food Defense program.
8. Serves as the plant?s primary point of contact for all SSE regulatory and community contacts, all plant SSE teams and is the primary technical resource. Builds a network within the community / region / sector with other SSE professionals. Manages external security guard force including budget.
9. Leads the facility emergency response planning, training and is proficient in the company?s Special Situations Management program. Directs the maintenance and inspection of fire protection systems.
10. Administrative duties as necessary. (Example: Safety Incentive Program Tracking).
Bachelor's Degree required At least 5 years experience in Industrial Safety and/or Environmental, and Security management role Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment as well as solid working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations In depth knowledge of OSHA and state standards as they apply within the facility In depth knowledge of EPA standards as well as a demonstrated ability to interpret state and local regulations as they apply. Knowledge of risk assessment and management techniques in identification of key facility improvement opportunities Ability to understand and apply Security principles in an industrial setting Ability to understand ISO certification requirements and create and manage programs that achieve and maintain certification Mondel?z International is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondel?z International therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -