Supervise and direct aspects of operational safety functions at a research facility; areas of responsibility to include, operational and occupational safety and health.
· Identify and direct training programs in conjunction with applicable operational and OSHA requirements.
· Serve as the staff specialist in safety and health by developing and carrying out procedures that effectively control accident and health exposures and minimize OSHA citations.
· Oversee and ensure facility operational procedures as well as local, state, federal and OSHA compliance/reporting.
· Ensure development of job hazards analysis and related safety procedures.
· Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
· Maintain relationship with corporate safety, manage OSHA injury logs, manage the PPE and respirator program for Primus.
· Manage the ES&H inspection program.
Implement ANSI Z-10 Safety Management System.
This role is subject to decontamination showers for work within laboratory containment and exposure to potentially hazardous project work zones.
· US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a government security clearance
· Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance for: OSHA, NYS DOH, NYS DOL, ANSI Z-10 and other local, state and federal policies and laws.
· Prior supervisory experience and the ability to resolve problems using hands on management techniques.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment both indoors and out in all types of weather conditions
· Must be willing to work in a facility where periodic inspections and/or site visits may require entry into biocontainment facilities.
CIH or Board of Cert. Safety Prof. preferred.
ASRC Federal and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers
Orient Point, NY, United States
ASRC Federal Holding Company - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -