Supervise and direct aspects of operational safety functions at a research facility; areas of responsibility to include, operational and occupational safety and health.
· Identify and direct training programs in conjunction with applicable operational and OSHA requirements.
· Serve as the staff specialist in safety and health by developing and carrying out procedures that effectively control accident and health exposures and minimize OSHA citations.
· Oversee and ensure facility operational procedures as well as local, state, federal and OSHA compliance/reporting.
· Ensure development of job hazards analysis and related safety procedures.
· Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
· Maintain relationship with corporate safety, manage OSHA injury logs, manage the PPE and respirator program for Primus.
· Manage the ES&H inspection program.
Implement ANSI Z-10 Safety Management System.
This role is subject to decontamination showers for work within laboratory containment and exposure to potentially hazardous project work zones.
· US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a government security clearance
· Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
· Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance for: OSHA, NYS DOH, NYS DOL, ANSI Z-10 and other local, state and federal policies and laws.
· Prior supervisory experience and the ability to resolve problems using hands on management techniques.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced environment both indoors and out in all types of weather conditions
· Must be willing to work in a facility where periodic inspections and/or site visits may require entry into biocontainment facilities.
CIH or Board of Cert. Safety Prof. preferred.
ASRC Federal and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers
Orient Point, NY, United States