COMPANY: Alternative Energy Development, Corp. (AED)
COMPANY PROFILE: AED is the construction unit of WTEC (an engineering, manufacturing, procurement and field installation Company dedicated to the solar and wind farm energy market). AED’s services include underground cable installation, installation of switchgears, transformers, invertors, optic communication systems, solar racks, solar mounting posts, and foundation ground grids.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.aed.us.com/
POSITION: Safety & Regulatory Compliance Manager
POSITION DURATION: Permanent Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for system safety, occupational safety, construction safety, and regulatory compliance for a fast paced company, that designs and engineers total turn-key solar and wind projects. This is an excellent leadership position to influence safety and regulatory processes for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs safety and regulatory compliance oversight by conducting facility and project site inspections, reviewing occupational and construction safety standards, and maintenance of training requirements and certification as per operating procedures.
- Performs accident investigations and reporting for all accidents including: occupational safety accidents, on-the-job injuries, and all safety-related complaints to determine accident cause, contributing factors, and corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Conducts job hazard analysis to determine the following: specific job hazards associated with each job function, training requirements for each job function, and determines proper safety equipment and personal protective equipment required for each job function.
- Provides advice and counsel to management concerning applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Provides safety oversight of contractors and construction projects as necessary.
- Researches and tracks safety regulations to develop safety policies and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
TRAVEL: This position requires Company paid travel between facilities and project sites located throughout the continental United States.
COMPENSATION: We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in safety or related field with advanced technical education in related areas.
- OSHA 500 certified.
- Extensive and progressively responsible work experience in occupational safety, industrial safety engineering and construction safety.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations and accident investigation process.
- Strong research and analytical skills, this includes the ability to conduct and interpret trend analysis data.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workload, which includes planning, prioritizing, organizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports and meet deadlines.
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
No recruiters or agencies please.