This is a unique position for professionals who enjoy helping others and working in a variety of locations. As a member of the corporate risk management team, you will promote safety while conducting on-site evaluations aimed at reducing injuries. The successful candidate should have a passion for learning, a can-do attitude, a strong problem-solving capability, and demonstrated critical thinking skills. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and build your technical competencies in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Perform on-site visits to assist in identifying and reducing unsafe conditions and practices.
- Evaluate injury reports, OSHA logs, and claim data to identify trends.
- Develop and present safety training on the principles of accident prevention, accident investigation, and other safety-related subjects.
- Assist in implementing and/or improving their safety committees.
- Frequent overnight travel required, approximately 50%.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Computer knowledge and skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of loss control or safety experience preferred. Commercial property casualty underwriting and claims experience and HR experience in the areas of safety, workers’ compensation or investigations will also be considered.
- Understanding of basic safety principals desired.
Based in Des Moines, Iowa and established in 1971, LCS™ is a leading provider of high-quality senior lifestyle products and services....