Total Safety is currently seeking Safety Attendants to work a temporary position, at a specific client jobs in Texas City, TX.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Safety Attendant (holewatch/firewatch/bottlewatch), while assigned to jobs inside oil & gas refineries or petrochemical plants, will be working outside of confined spaces and will be responsible for monitoring and protecting the workers entering the confined space, and alerting rescue if necessary. The Safety Attendant will also be responsible for monitoring workers performing hot work, and will be responsible for protecting the workers and preventing fires, and if necessary extinguishing small fires The Safety Attendant will also be responsible for protecting personnel working under fresh air, and will be responsible for monitoring the air quantity and air pressure being delivered to the workers. Attendants will constantly scrutinize a prescribed area of concern as the main job duty.
The attendant will keep meticulous records of any suspicious or potentially hazardous conditions, activating appropriate alarms and promptly contacting emergency response personnel as necessary. A hole watch/fire watch safety attendant monitors and protects other personnel performing work in high-risk environments.
A Safety Attendant may be required to initiate JSA’s, and read, understand and enforce safe work permits, hot-work permits and confined space entry permits. Attendants will document daily reports as directed.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and climb; walk and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must regularly climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is high (examples: plant/refinery equipment, heavy personnel & vehicle traffic). Employee may be required to work inside of oil and gas refineries, and/or other petrochemical plants.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience inside oil & gas or other petrochemical plants, a definite plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
• Excellent vision is essential for the job. Attention to detail through close observation of other personnel is required. The attendant needs clear communication abilities to inform the attendant who takes over the next shift of any abnormalities or concerns that need close observation.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance Instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Current driver’s license or valid State ID, and valid SS card.
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 9 months ago